September 2021 onwards
The Governors are committed to continuing the present Admissions Policy. The following arrangements will apply to all admissions from 2021 onwards.
The school has an agreed admission number of 330 for entry to Year 9.
Our intention is to become a secondary school because we believe it is critical for the best educational outcomes of students at Key Stage 4. As such, we support Central Bedfordshire’s commitment to move to a two-tier system and will admit students in year 7/8 as required through the transition plan up to a maximum 240 per year group, in addition to admitting Year 9.
The Governors will apply the following criteria (in the rank order shown) to decide the order in which places will be allocated when there are more requests from parents / carers than the number of places available:
1. All ‘looked after’ children or children who were previously ‘looked after’ (see definitions);
2. Children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted;
3. Children of staff currently employed at the school;
4. Pupils living in the catchment area with siblings at the school (see definition of sibling);
5. Other pupils living in the catchment area
6. ‘Very exceptional’ medical grounds (see definition);
7. Other siblings (see definition);
8. Pupils attending the feeder schools – Edward Peake C of E Middle School or Biggleswade Academy
9. Any other children.